Things to consider when creating a web site
- Why are you creating the site?
- What do you want a person to do as a result of viewing your site?
- Will you be selling items or services online?
- Do you need to be able to accept credit card payments online?
- Do you need to have directions to a real world place where people can drive?
- Do you need sound files on your site? (music for a musician or audio for a personal greeting or lectures)
- Are there photos of places, people, or items needed?
- Will the site need to be updated on a regular basis?
- What are the keywords that the search engines would use?
- What do you want your site to look like? Do you have any particular color schemes you want or a special “feel” to the site?
Answering the above questions makes our first meeting go much faster and easier. I also find it very helpful if you can give me the web address of two or three sites that you really like the look of, and want yours to be at least as good.